PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

armor all

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Default RE: armor all

Listen to Dennis.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:06 PM

I preferr "to use baby oils" on ahhh, the human body, not my cars---

Old 02-12-2007, 08:11 PM

Where does baby oil come from anyways? You get olive oil from olives, sunflower oil from sunflowers, so........

Old 02-12-2007, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

And if Linus goes to the beach..he just rubs up against his dash, presto!..now he's all set for a day of tanning....
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 02-12-2007, 11:24 PM

I got the idea for using baby oil from a auto detailing book written by a guy who owns a detail shop in SoCal. No, it's not what he uses in his shop, but it is a product that will work to shine and protect the dash if nothing else is available. The interior of your car is not like your skin, so the oil will not cook your dash. Even though it is oil, it iswater based so it wont hurt anything in the car. If you leave a thin film, thinned out even more by mixing with water, in a few minutes it has evaporated/ soaked into the dash, leaving a nice shine.

BTW: I am Irish, so I dont tan, I burn. Since I live in the Pacific Northwest, I dont even do that, I rust.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

These two are my favorites

Since I can't seem to find the Tech Protect...I may try the Vinylex. I'll let you know what I think.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:52 AM

Did you try PepBoys for the Megquires nxt Protect?..I called their number on the bottle..they claim that their supply can't keep up with the demand..that's why some markets it's hard to find right now..

Customer Raves for NXT GenerationĀ® Tech Protect

"First off let me say this is the absolutely most awesome protectant I have ever used. I had to use some fairly harsh cleaners to clean off the original 30 year old Dark Blue Vinyl roof on my 1973 Opel Manta (which looked black at the time). I then had to protect it after removing 30 years of grime. I did try to use some of the old standbys first since I had them in the garage, but they didn't work. The NXT Generation Tech Protect not only soaked in, but it soaked in and stayed on top, protecting it from the inside and outside. It made the top softer, shiner, and made it look new. It stayed looking that way for a good two weeks. This is while the car was sitting outside in the rain for the better part of the week. It didn't wash off in the rain! Absolutely awesome!!! My only problem is now no one seems to carry it locally, not even the store I first bought it at. Hopefully I can get the store to change their ways and get this product back."

C. G. -- Midlothian, VA

"I've always loved Meguiar's, but I have to say I'm overwhelmingly impressed with the entire NXT Generation product line and the results I was able to achieve on my 2002 Saleen S-281sc Mustang Convertible using them. NXT Generation Tech Wax goes on and buffs off easily to leave a flawless wet-mirror gloss on the entire vehicle. NXT Generation Tech Protect is by far the very best interior product I have ever used, leaving all my plastics, rubber, and vinyl with a dark, deep, natural-looking gloss. It doesn't look like you've smeared some greasy product all over your interior like competitor's products do! My interior looks better than new. NXT Generation Glass Cleaner made short work of everything I came across from bugs to puddle spatters to product oversprays, drying streak-free without having to do a single piece of glass twice. Using a leading glass cleaner, I've always had to do several cleanings to reach the results I got on my very first wipe with NXT Generation Glass Cleaner. I also have to say that the Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes have been a livesaver with my white leather interior! It takes nothing to leave marks on it yet the Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes take everything out, every time. Thanks a lot!"

T. G. -- Woodland Hills, CA

"I have a 1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900 street bike. I fell in love with this bike when I was 15 and a few years ago was lucky enough to find one since they were only made for 2 years. The person that owned it before me left it outside in the sun and over time all the plastic had become sun faded. I tried a lot of products since I purchased the bike to bring the sun faded plastic back to its original color. None of them worked and I figured I would have to replace the parts. That's when I found out that Kawasaki doesn't make them anymore. I had pretty much given up and decided that I'd have to live with these faded out parts. Then I saw your NXT Generation Tech Protect and bought a bottle to give it one last shot. I am so happy that I did. Just a little squirt on a rag and when I wiped it on I couldn't believe the results that I got. I was absolutely amazed. I just had to say thanks for making such a great product."

M. F. -- Baltimore, MD

"It is here by declared that the NXT Generation product line can not be taken out of production, unless Meguiar's can make a better product (good luck with that!!). I have three cars that have never looked so good. My '96 Miata does not have a clear coat, and the paint now has this great wet look shine. I have helped sell five more bottles to neighbors and friends, after they have seen my cars. I spend at least $200 dollars a year on trying car care products, M

Old 02-18-2007, 12:58 AM

Auto Zone also has it. But if you like the the factory look without that shine, Megquires also makes a quick detailer for the interior. It works very well and does not leave a shine.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:05 AM

It must be in high demand because the only place that had it was Auto Zone and they refused to sell it to me stating that they were advised to remove them from the shelf. I've tried Walmart, Pepboys, 2 Advanced Autos, and 2 Auto Zones and with the exception of the 1 Auto Zone that refused to sell them to me...nobody else carried it. I'll just order a bottle from the Maguire's website.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:08 AM

Maybe it's so good...the competition is forcing them to take it off the shelves..

If there was anything wrong with it..funny that Meguires would sell you some...[&:]

Quick Reply: armor all