PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

No XM radio band available any longer !

Old 11-15-2016, 07:45 PM
Unhappy No XM radio band available any longer !

Hello Everyone
I had bought my H3 not too long ago and was looking into Aux input availability and went with Shwarttzy's Aux connection.
I checked the truck for XM availability before i purchased and i had XM1 and XM2 channels with a preview message, come the day the Aux got here, i went out and installed it as simply instructed for, when i put the car in acc, the XM band was no longer available, checked connection and possible fuse blown (50 on fuse diagram) to no help, returned connection to oem and still no band available, tried disconnecting battery terminals for 10 minutes and nothing, tried 10 minutes and touching both leads to drain any power in the system to no help as well. anyone had this problem before?

any help would be greatly appreciated
I had already contacted Shwarttzy for help as well but he is out of town till the 25th of Nov.

thanks in advance

Old 11-16-2016, 11:15 AM

Do you see any display on the radio?
Do you get AM/FM stations?
Do the Shwarttzy connectors, soldering and heat wrap look good?
With the AUX switch connected and on XM, do you hear your phone through the speakers?

Old 11-16-2016, 11:19 AM

Yes for display
Yes for am/fm
And yes to soldering and isolation on the aux
How would u hear anything from the phone on the speakers through the aux when the radio doesn't switch to the xm channel at all? I lost u at that question

Old 11-16-2016, 11:24 AM

Oh I misunderstood your XM issue - I thought you had it but no preview message...
Hmm...
My connectors to the XM unit behind glove box is very very snug (as I remember).
Can you take your phone and take a pic of your connector and also the plug in the XM box?
*Looking for a bent pin or any damage

Old 11-16-2016, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Max Abbas
Hello Everyone
...i went out and installed it as simply instructed for, when i put the car in acc, the XM band was no longer available....
You didnt install this with power on, correct?
You installed with vehicle off, made connection, then put car in ACC...right?
*Just making sure

Old 11-16-2016, 11:35 AM

Hey - I found this
=====
XM band not showing on radio

I had the same problem. Had a dead battery. After recharging the battery no XM was showing on my radio. When I would push the band button only FM and AM would show.

Called dealer told me to pull both positive and negative battery cables off of battery. Then touch them together and hook back up.

That solved the problem. My XM band is now showing again. Hoooray!!!
I'll be damned, it worked! I went to 3 GM dealers and all said they didn't know what I was talking about. This is after XM told me I needed to go to a dealer and they would have to reset my XM band. One dealer wanted to charge me $90 to hook up to their computer and try to figure out how to reset my XM band.

After reading this suggestion, I tried it and it worked!!! Gotta love the internet.
I have a Silverado LTZ Z71 and my battery went dead. Recharged it and I had the exact same issue. No XM whatsoever.

I tried this solution and IT WORKED! Thank you so much for posting this solution. It saved me a trip to the dealer.

=====

Info from here:
XM Radio Problem - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Old 01-06-2023, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by atari800
Hey - I found this
=====
XM band not showing on radio

I had the same problem. Had a dead battery. After recharging the battery no XM was showing on my radio. When I would push the band button only FM and AM would show.

Called dealer told me to pull both positive and negative battery cables off of battery. Then touch them together and hook back up.

That solved the problem. My XM band is now showing again. Hoooray!!!
I'll be damned, it worked! I went to 3 GM dealers and all said they didn't know what I was talking about. This is after XM told me I needed to go to a dealer and they would have to reset my XM band. One dealer wanted to charge me $90 to hook up to their computer and try to figure out how to reset my XM band.

After reading this suggestion, I tried it and it worked!!! Gotta love the internet.
I have a Silverado LTZ Z71 and my battery went dead. Recharged it and I had the exact same issue. No XM whatsoever.

I tried this solution and IT WORKED! Thank you so much for posting this solution. It saved me a trip to the dealer.

=====

Info from here:
XM Radio Problem - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums
OMG FML! I'm 2 weeks into a radio swap! Wish I saw this!