PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Head Unit Back-Up Camera?? 08 H3

Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Default Head Unit Back-Up Camera?? 08 H3

greeting everyone,

Vehicle: 2008 H3 lux with monsoon sound system
NO stock navigation

At the end of this month I will be taking action and personally removing the factory installed head unit with an Pioneer AVH-4400BH head unit. I am inexperienced when it comes to car audio and DIY projects, but ive researched through the depths of the forums and figured I am gonna give it a try myself.
But, the head unit is just the sub topic of this thread.
Ive looked and I have looked, and in regard there are a couple of threads among the billions on this site that speak of backup camera installation and what not, but they are just not clicking for me.
My question states, what universal back-up camera would work best for me (anyone have previous experience with this task) and the new Pioneer head unit? And, when it comes to installation, which wire must you "tap" in to (rear tail lights apparently) to receive automatic video from your camera to the mounted head unit screen?
I will also be self-installing this back-up camera and if anyone has any forward advice, it is very very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and I will keep this thread updated,
wiz

Old 07-26-2014, 02:27 PM

lots of help on here huh?

Old 10-11-2015, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by wizwalker
greeting everyone,

Vehicle: 2008 H3 lux with monsoon sound system
NO stock navigation

At the end of this month I will be taking action and personally removing the factory installed head unit with an Pioneer AVH-4400BH head unit. I am inexperienced when it comes to car audio and DIY projects, but ive researched through the depths of the forums and figured I am gonna give it a try myself.
But, the head unit is just the sub topic of this thread.
Ive looked and I have looked, and in regard there are a couple of threads among the billions on this site that speak of backup camera installation and what not, but they are just not clicking for me.
My question states, what universal back-up camera would work best for me (anyone have previous experience with this task) and the new Pioneer head unit? And, when it comes to installation, which wire must you "tap" in to (rear tail lights apparently) to receive automatic video from your camera to the mounted head unit screen?
I will also be self-installing this back-up camera and if anyone has any forward advice, it is very very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and I will keep this thread updated,
wiz
Did you do this already? I assume you did. Most universal (not the typical Alpine) have just an RCA cable for the video signal. I have an Alpine HCE-C115 and and beyond it had cables for ACC (accessory) and ground beyond RCA and extension cables.

The typical cost to get it installed in my area is ~ $150-250.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:58 PM

This is pretty old, but I also want to add a camera to my Pioneer NEX. I'd like a camera that looks as factory as possible. Any pics, or suggestions would be great.