PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Back up camera and Nav screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Default Back up camera and Nav screen

I have seen tons of posts here about guys hookin up cameras to the back of the truck, but how do they connect it to the montior? Do we have to buy anything extra or do I just connect the video cable to the back? Any info would be great..

Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Default RE: Back up camera and Nav screen

finally found it, but any extra info would be great...

Old 01-11-2008, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: thehammerh3

I have seen tons of posts here about guys hookin up cameras to the back of the truck, but how do they connect it to the montior? Do we have to buy anything extra or do I just connect the video cable to the back? Any info would be great..

There is amodule that needs to be installed to interface camera to the factory navigation. Camera can NOT be connected directly to navigation.[/align][/align]I have a backup camera connected to my factory navigation that activates in reverse.I had the technician add a switch so I can active the camera while driving so I can keep an eye on my dirt bikes while pulling my trailer. I also had the tech mount my camera high (mounted in the rear upper marker light cavity) so I can get a full view of whatever I have hitched.[/align]

Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 AM

Did u use a color camera? if so how does it look on the stock screen.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:49 AM

Did u use a color camera? if so how does it look on the stock screen.
Of course color, looks as clear as acolor TV very clear, however at night it goes to a night black, and white mode but still a very clear, and defined view.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:48 AM

I will be sure to do this....

Old 01-11-2008, 12:03 PM

One more thing, when you pick a interface, make sure you get one with an additional video jack so you can tap video into it. I have mines setup soa DVD can be shown through the factory Nav screen, tech also added a switch so I have that option.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:16 PM

I didnt even think of that? You know off the top of your head any places online that are pretty decent priceor a brand that you reccommend?

Old 01-11-2008, 12:50 PM

I didnt even think of that? You know off the top of your head any places online that are pretty decent priceor a brand that you reccommend?
There are tons of em' on-line. I'm not even positive what brand I have cuz I made it a point to have it installed at my dealer so I won't have any issues with my warranty,or installation. I just told them (dual video jacks) what I wanted before they ordered, and installed it.

In fact, I had a DVD addition completed by a reputable local custom car audio shop. The shop installed adual drive 9" Visualogic head rests to mirror one of the dvd players, and added my DVD/Nav switch, and rear camera/Nav switch.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:45 PM

Dam nice setup, u got any pics?

Quick Reply: Back up camera and Nav screen