PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator Whine with aftermarket Radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Default Alternator Whine with aftermarket Radio

i installed a Pioneer AVH-p6800dvd few months down the road i started getting a whine in my interior speakers after i tried installing a tv tunner. So i removed it.

I tried everything relocating the Grounds
Ground loop isolators

i even called a stereo shop and they told me 3 out of 5 GM will have that problem.
I also searched on the web and Pioneer is known to have faulty Ground wire from radios
I have read that people ran a Ground wire straight from the Battery (is this safe)
Then i read that chasis of the car has Welds which will produce a Ground loop.
i dont know what to do ...

First i thought it was my Metra Harness so i sent back to factory and they sent me a new one and i still have that problem

ANYBODY HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME IM ABOUT TO SMASH MY RADIO!!!!!!

My next step is to get my friends Pioneer radio and plug it into my car if i still have The whine then i know its my car if i dont then iknow its the radio.............

Old 11-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Default RE: Alternator Whine with aftermarket Radio

A ground wire straight from the Battery is okay, but now you have bypassed your iginiton which could cause a slow drain. You might want to look at a basic ground filter and not an isolator/Loop. Also you could try a seperate ground wire straight off of the radio/steel case to the body but you have to make sure you have good contact, you might have to clean a spot off with sand paper to get bare metal contact then cover the screw/bolt with silicone to prevent corrosion. Another simple check is make sure your Battery terminals are clean and your connections are secure on the alternator. Sometimes the most simplest mistake causes the problem.

http://buyreliant.com/caudio/noise.htm
Some Help maybe: http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/IS...de.html?page=2

Old 11-23-2007, 09:59 AM

let me know what kind of hummer and is you have the premium sound package or not...factory amp? I can help ya solve this but need to know that info first.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:09 PM

I SOLVED IT!!!!

i just so happens i blew the mircro fuse in my pioneer radio so i had to ground the outer coating of the rca to ground. People claim that is a temporary fix.

I have the moonsoon sound system with the metra gmos-04

Old 11-28-2007, 08:06 PM

How did you fix it? I have the exact same radio and i have had that buzz in it from day one. What exactly did you do?

Old 12-05-2007, 11:52 AM

I grounded the rca to the radio metal case it sounds very odd to do this but it actually worked.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:13 PM

just replace the rca's with a good high quality of braided / twisted shielded rca's....you get what you pay for so expect to spend a few bucks.